The project to create and implement a new university logo and style guide was completed in November, 2014. A university’s brand is constantly evolving and requires constant stewardship by all communicators. This week, we launched an updated Brand Guidelines site. We plan to keep a perpetual eye on it and update and tweak its content as deemed helpful.
A few notable changes and updates to this iteration:
- Visual headers to show examples of the content on pages
- A sidebar on every page that gives additional information regarding the content, and a consistent link that directs people to Web & Design with questions
- More intuitive navigation based on user feedback, including drop-down menu items
- Accordion-nested content on longer pages to keep page length shorter and more digestible
- Key content additions, including but not limited to:
- an expanded university color palette
- instructions regarding the production of merchandise
- details regarding the restricted use of the coat of arms
- information about email signatures
- round social media profile templates for units
- additional graphic assets for download
- Ability to click on any image throughout the site that has a corresponding download and be directed to the location to download that item
Contact University Web & Design with any questions!