No, this isn’t a self-help thing. Wait, maybe it is. A few months ago, Cascade added a Relationships tab. We love it and use it daily.
What is it?
For assets such as images, documents, widgets, listboxes, and most page types, you can click on the Relationships tab (next to the Publish tab) and get a list of assets that link to or display that item.
The example shown here is the Relationships tab for the Creative Services homepage. Each item in the list is a page or other asset that links to our homepage.
When will you use it?
Once you start using this tab, you’ll find more and more ways to work it into your editing routine. Here are some possibilities:
- Ever wonder where you used a particular widget? Select the Widget file and click the Relationships tab.
- Ever wonder what other internal pages are linking to your page? Check its relationships.
- Need to know where an image is being used? Check its relationships.
- Not sure if anyone is still linking to that old PDF? Check its relationships.
- Do you use borrowed pages? Check the Relationships tab of the original to locate each borrowed version.
Using the “Publish all relationships” feature
This is a one-step feature to batch publish all of the assets on a Relationships tab. While this is particularly useful for our site-wide managers, it can still come in handy at times for a site editor (just remember you can only publish assets that you manage).
If the asset you’ve updated requires related pages to be published, this is a real time-saver. For example, if you’ve moved/renamed a document or image, updated a borrowed page or modified a listbox, you’ll love this feature.
PS – Don’t forget to take advantage of our new Q&A sessions. Check the calendar and stop by for one-on-one assistance with your site.