The @williamandmary SMUG listserv is hopping. Since some valuable info is regularly cropping up on the listserv, we decided to add a regular feature to this blog called Dear SMUG. The inaugural entry for the Dear SMUG category comes from Chris Creech (W&M Law School) and Tiffany Broadbent (W&M Creative Services).
First from Chris to SMUG:
I’m new to this ListServ and have enjoyed reading all of your great ideas. I think a Facebook page for SMUG is a wonderful idea.
Speaking of Facebook, I want to set up one for the Registrar’s office here at the Law School. Can anyone offer some advice or tips on how best to do this (did I mention I’m new to all this??).
Then from Tiffany to Chris,
There are lots of great resources online to help you get started, these are the ones I have found useful:
- How to set up a Facebook page
- A beginner’s guide to Facebook insights (Facebook Insights are like Google Analytics for Facebook)
- How to improve engagement on your brand’s Facebook page
via All Facebook:
- The 7 Biggest Fan Page Marketing Mistakes
- How to make a great Facebook page
– Susan T. Evans