The start of a new school year has brought along with it a new way to find out some of the most important information about the College, this time, via your mobile device. The new William and Mary mobile site, m.wm.edu, launches today and is a convenient way to find out
- the latest news from the College, alumni, and athletics
- read student, faculty, and staff blogs
- find student, faculty, and staff contact information
- locate buildings with a quick and easy search
- get emergency information and College contact numbers
- check out what we’ve been up to on Twitter, YouTube, Flickr and our newest social media outlet, Foursquare.
The site is based off of an open source project called Mobile Web OSP. It provided a great starting point for the Creative Services team to customize with a new design and additional content. You will be redirected to the new site if you visit our main homepage in your mobile browser or you can go directly to m.wm.edu on your iPhone, iPod Touch, Android device, Blackberry, or any other smartphone.
We’ll be adding more features to the site as the year progresses so stay tuned for more!
– Tiffany Broadbent